Delaware Department of
Technology & Information

Delaware Department of Technology & Information

Cloud First

Delaware was the first state to move into the cloud, according to the National Association of Chief Information Officers. (NASCIO). In 2009 DTI developed a private cloud system. Since inception, DTI has virtualized 80 percent of state governments’ physical servers into a private cloud and continues to work on the remaining 20 percent. Delaware boasts the highest percentage of virtualization of all 50 states. Cost savings are estimated around $4 million annually.

Currently 18 state organizations have one or more applications in the cloud. Everything from statewide online cyber security training, to comprehensive school safety plans; to an aviation solution for the State Police reside in the state government cloud. More internal functions are there as well, DTI launched ServiceNow, a suite of applications that provide all IT service management functions including workflow business processes.

Related Topics:  , ,