State of Delaware Identity and Access Management
Use Case Examples
Case 1 – Access via my.Delaware.gov Dashboard
- Login using my.delaware.gov credentials.
- An application is directly assigned to the user, on the myDelaware dashboard.
- A user’s application assignment happens using one of the following methods:
- myDelaware Group Rule (user is a member of an application owner’s pre-populated/established group)
- Employee Self-Service Rule (user is a member [e.g., benefit eligible state employee] of the ESS group)
- CSV File upload (user is assigned based on matching a record on a CSV file upload)
- Wrapper class using API
Case 2 – Request Access via Dashboard
- Access Through Request for Application to be Added via my.Delaware Dashboard
- Login with my.Delaware credentials. Use “Add apps” to browse for and request an application be added. The user is added to the application owner’s database before requesting the application.
Case 3 – Redirect for Access
- Log in through the application owner’s customer website which collects credentials before granting access.
- Instructions are given to user to add the application, using the dashboard
- Request from myDelaware is send to the application owner’s approver to grant the user’s access
Case 4 – Choice of Internal or External Login
- Application owner’s customer website presents user with choice of logging in using their Delaware ID (state/Delaware.gov) or other (public/myDelaware) credentials.
Case 5 – Application Assignment Requiring Proofed Identity
- Business user completes my.Delaware registration choosing the employer. This choice presents the business user with the Identity Proofing process.
- The application is assigned only after completion of identity proofing.
Case 6 – Application Assignment Requiring Proofed Identity
- Users are presented the choice to log in using legacy credentials OR my.Delaware credentials via the application owner’s customer website.
Related Topics: Delaware ID, ID.Delaware.gov, my.delaware.gov, myDelaware, Use Cases